Times vary. Collection for NEW Blankets & Pillows for incoming Refugees. Specifically TWIN, DOUBLE, or QUEEN blankets.
- Items will be collected at Faith Community Church on Sundays, November 21 – December 5.
- If you are delivering items to the church outside of Sunday mornings, please place them in the deck box which will be located outside the front doors at the Hopkinton Campus.
- If you prefer to order online and ship to the church, please place any orders early enough that they will arrive by December 5th. Address them to:
WARM / c/o Faith Community Church, 146 E. Main St. Hopkinton, MA 01748
- Final Collection will be on Sunday, December 5th.
- If you’d like give monetarily to this effort specifically, use the GIVE button
Contact Sheryl Sullivan at email@example.com if you have any questions about this event
MORE ABOUT WARM
WARM (Welcoming Alliance of Refugee Ministries) was formed a number of years ago to specifically welcome refugees coming to the Worcester community. The purpose & vision is to create a bridge & warm welcome, in the name of Christ, through the alliance of ~23 Christian churches.
Once an apartment has been designated by the housing authority for a refugee family, WARM thoroughly cleans the apartment & sets up the home with furnishing and food items.
In the coming months, 400 Afghan refugees are expected in the Worcester area & another 400 in Springfield.
One of our Faith Community families that has volunteered directly with WARM has recently taken Afghan refugees into their home, and their faith group has initiated this collection for the organization’s most needed items.
Contact the director Jennifer Frye for any questions outside of this FCC collection at firstname.lastname@example.org.